Link of the Week: June 14... Strayer University
246 Best Practice College and University Website Pages
Most weeks I add a link to a college or university website that is superior to what else is available in student recruitment, alumni relations, fundraising or other areas that I visit in preparing conference presentations and website reviews for my clients.
Links that are no longer active (or no longer lead to the featured content) are at the end of the list below. To my surprise: 10 of the links for the 2006 year are still good. Check the venerable ones below. (Links of the Week after February 8 are missing from the archives. Working to fix this in the near future.)
- For Link of the Week selections between February 15 and April 19, visit my blog.
14 June — Strayer University... "Affordability Calculator" Goes Past Net Cost Calculators
Visit the usual college and university website and you'll find that the net cost calculator usually excludes anyone who is not a traditional age student entering direct from high school. That leaves "adult" students with transfer credit, work exprience and any other non-traditional way of earning credit out in the cold.
Today's Link of the Week selection takes a much different approach, with an Affordability Calculator that assembles in a single place the various options that adult students might have to reduce the courses they have to take to earn a degree. And that, of course, will reduce the cost of that degree.
Here's what Strayer University includes on the affordability form:
- Courses, "not credits," that will transfer
- Challenge exams offered by Stayer
- CLEP and DSST exames
- Past work experience
- Employer tuition assitance
The first result you'll see is the total tuition cost minus the tuition saved from the courses you expect to transfer. Afther that, potential students can learn more about courses with challenge exams and other opportuities to reduce the sticker price of a degree. All of this before we get to loans and other forms of financial aid.
Most universities offer the same options to earn credit. Finding them all in a prominent place on the website requires extraordinary diligence, if you even know the options exist. Review a different approach to dealing with college affordability when you visit the Strayer University "Affordability Calculator."
Improve your website in 4 weeks after you ask vistors what they like... and what they don't like.
Answer these key questions about your website:
- What do the people who use our website most like and dislike about it?
- What can I change now to increase the marketing impact of my site?
Our Customer Centric Index (CCI) survey takes just 3 to 4 weeks from start to finish. Make important, research-based changes right after you have your report in hand.
- One university earned a 90 percent positive rating from parents and future students... the highest in 23 higher education surveys... Read about it on my blog
- Ask this question: "If you could change one thing about our website, what would you change and why?" and 50 percent of the people who answer the objective question will tell you more.
Pricing varies with the number of audiences in your survey, starting at $2,800. Get your survey results in 4 weeks and start improving your website right after that.
Call me at 248-766-6425 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tune-up your website with an expert marketing review.Identify top tune-up steps to increase the marketing impact of your present site with an expert marketing review. Your objective review will include these elements, or you can customize for your special interests.
- Content relevance;
- Writing quality;
- Navigation simplicity;
- Ease of form completion and quality of your email response;
- Effectiveness of the search engine;
- Search engine optimization elements
You control the cost with affordable pricing based on the number of pages in your review.
Contact me to craft a review for your site. Email at email@example.com or call me at 248-766-6425.